Featured Mindful Meditation

Creating Our Own Sacred Space

 Create your own sacred space. (it's the gift that keeps on giving) The keys to our inner peace rests within the sacred spaces that we c...

Thursday


Sunday Meditation "Ah ha" Moment:
The last few weeks of my life have been pivotal. Comfortable in my own place and purpose, I now reflect on the relation-ships that have come and go. I know for certain that what most people call relationship is actually dependence. What we call relationship could be great now and a conflict later; it can be loving today and hateful tomorrow. There is no stability in it, because many of us are regulated by the external...but what is TRUE & REAL is not subject to moods. I have learned through trial and error that I exist in my highest self, with balanced relationships across the board, when I remove the flagrant whims of personality from my interactions. Just like truth and love are independent of personality, I try to relate to people in a space beyond likes/dislikes, beyond good/bad and reside in a space in which anything can be reconciled or, at best, perceived in a positive light. Call me crazy, but I feel the elevation in my spirit as a result.
In my own meditations I have come to know that if I am condemning, blaming or accusing someone it stems, for the most part, from a shortcoming within myself. I have to figure out what ignorance or fear or motivation is within me that makes me feel offended. My mantra to assist me in this spiritual work is:
"Everything is good. I can be hurt by nothing but my own thoughts." I chant this to myself, and instead of correcting another person, I simply correct my own feelings about them within myself. I have recently found myself in situations in which, had I not had the ability to discard my thoughts about another person and simply address what's going on inside of me, the outcome could have been less than favorable. There's that turning the other cheek theory Black Jesus preached about; most people see this as a weakness, but I find great strength in my self-control. Reacting, as most of us do, relinquishes control to other people and situations. Once I have had time to think and ponder my next move, I am no longer reacting, but simply moving in a direction that I choose. Think about it. If everyone practiced this ancient principle, what harmony we could sustain in our relationships. I'm starting with the (womb)man in the mirror. LOL.