- Change into loose,comfy clothing so that your sitting is not restricted in any way
- Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed
- Sit comfy on the ground, with your legs outstretched or crossed
- Close your eyes and concentrate on relaxing each part of your body
- Begin at the tips of your toes and envision the blood flowing throughout your body to the top of your head, the Crown Chakra (Sanskrit) or your Ori (Yoruba).
- Once you are focused on your blood flow, tune in to your breathing pattern.
- After 2 to 5 minutes relaxed breathingk, channel your attention towards your thoughts and feelings. Let them roam free for a while in your mind, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, capture your thoughts and move them to the outer space of your mind. This is called "Clear Your Canvas" meditation.
- Expeditiously push all thoughts that race for the center of your mind to the outer edges, far left/far right,etc.
- Try to focus on your clear canvas, that is, the pure space in the center of your mind, entertaining no thoughts that try to invade that space.
- Now focus on healing. What does healing mean to you? What thoughts come into your mind when you think on the word HEALING?
- If there are any people, places or things that come into your mind that have caused you pain, allow them to gather in the center of your mind.
- Hold them in place there letting nothing leave.
- Chant to yourself or aloud, "I am love. I give love. I receive love. I am Love.
- As you affirm yourself, pour pure white light into the center of your mind. The more pure white light you send, the more that bundle of hurt begins to erase from your mind.
- Keep chanting. Feel the Divine love. Keep pouring pure white light into your mind until the space is clear and there is nothing there but your canvas. Feel the victory of letting go.
- With a clear mind, continue to affirm yourself using words of your choice. i.e., "I am beautiful"..."We are, therefore I am."..."I am powerful", etc.
- Keeping calm and still, continue this exercise as often as your busy schedule will allow.
Peace Be Unto You.