Featured Mindful Meditation

Creating Our Own Sacred Space

 Create your own sacred space. (it's the gift that keeps on giving) The keys to our inner peace rests within the sacred spaces that we c...

Sunday

Sunday Soul Food


One thing is for sure. Nothing in this earth happens that God doesn't ALLOW to happen. Sometimes man and his gluttony causes mess to happen that God will step aside and allow for our learning. Knowing the omniscient, omnipotent power of my Creator, I consider what is happening in the earth, the constraints that have been placed upon my/our freedom, the pre-virus hustle and bustle that everyone seemed to be under...the pressure and struggle of surviving in today's society.
I sit in quiet meditation, reminiscent of Paul when he was thrown into the Lion's Den but God favored Paul and shut the mouths of the Lions that were intended to devour him. See, God still allowed Paul to enter into the Lion's Den, and through Paul's adversity God made His presence known and protected Paul. In this divine wisdom and awe at the favor and presence of God, I sit in silence to hear what God would have me to do at a time like this.🙇🏾‍♀️👣🤦🏾‍♀️
I use my soul food analogy because when you are running a household with grown folks and teenagers, order/diet/sustenance/energy are extremely important...and one of the last things I asked God to give me before this virus thing reared it's ugly head is more hours in the day to perfect my quick recipes that are full of colorfull, soul-edifying goodness and foods that my children will actually eat. They love everything from yellow curry, collard Greens and bright rutabaga to orange yams, bananas bread, fish and smoked turkey. Both my teens are athletes so they need good food and I need more time!
But GOD...
In the blink of an eye, I am suddenly at home with exactly what I requested: more hours in the day to perfect my culinary craft. Not exactly how I imagined I'd get the extra hours, lol. But who the heck am I to question? #gottafeedthesebabies And the blessings continue beyond the kitchen O! I now have more time to: *fill in the blank!!!!* I channel all anxious thoughts of running around outside🏃🏾‍♀️ into the work I must do for my job and my personal life. It's as though time has stopped (something else I used to wish for in a crunch...watch what you ask for), and since obedience is better than sacrifice, I am organizing my life! Re/reading my books! Journaling! Thinking! Planning! Empowering! Decorating! Cleaning! Redirecting and Increasing my meditation game! *And the church said, "AMEN!!" #Elevate #HappySundayLove