One thing is for sure. Nothing in this earth happens that God doesn't ALLOW to happen. Sometimes man and his gluttony causes mess to happen that God will step aside and allow for our learning. Knowing the omniscient, omnipotent power of my Creator, I consider what is happening in the earth, the constraints that have been placed upon my/our freedom, the pre-virus hustle and bustle that everyone seemed to be under...the pressure and struggle of surviving in today's society.
I sit in quiet meditation, reminiscent of Paul when he was thrown into the Lion's Den but God favored Paul and shut the mouths of the Lions that were intended to devour him. See, God still allowed Paul to enter into the Lion's Den, and through Paul's adversity God made His presence known and protected Paul. In this divine wisdom and awe at the favor and presence of God, I sit in silence to hear what God would have me to do at a time like this.🙇🏾♀️👣🤦🏾♀️
I use my soul food analogy because when you are running a household with grown folks and teenagers, order/diet/sustenance/energy are extremely important...and one of the last things I asked God to give me before this virus thing reared it's ugly head is more hours in the day to perfect my quick recipes that are full of colorfull, soul-edifying goodness and foods that my children will actually eat. They love everything from yellow curry, collard Greens and bright rutabaga to orange yams, bananas bread, fish and smoked turkey. Both my teens are athletes so they need good food and I need more time!
In the blink of an eye, I am suddenly at home with exactly what I requested: more hours in the day to perfect my culinary craft. Not exactly how I imagined I'd get the extra hours, lol. But who the heck am I to question? #gottafeedthesebabies And the blessings continue beyond the kitchen O! I now have more time to: *fill in the blank!!!!* I channel all anxious thoughts of running around outside🏃🏾♀️ into the work I must do for my job and my personal life. It's as though time has stopped (something else I used to wish for in a crunch...watch what you ask for), and since obedience is better than sacrifice, I am organizing my life! Re/reading my books! Journaling! Thinking! Planning! Empowering! Decorating! Cleaning! Redirecting and Increasing my meditation game! *And the church said, "AMEN!!" #Elevate #HappySundayLove
This time is a ONEderfull opportunity to do alllllll the things we know we should do in our busy, everyday lives. Those things that truly feed the soul. What the world intends for evil, God will use for the GOOD of those who are in tune with Spirit. Use your time wisely.
One of my daily activities is revisiting my vision boards. Ohhhh the revelations and deep moments of gratitude and self-actualization! Please do not let them collect dust. You took the time to connect with Spirit to create your board now, with intention, let the alchemy begin!
1. Find your comfy space. If you are sitting, place your vision board in front of you with candles, a salt lamp or some soothing ambiant lighting (pic 1). If you prefer to lay down, place your visionboard above you on the ceiling (pic 2).
2. Isolate your goals/affirmations. Read them line by line and make each one it's own meditation
3. If you are practicing journal meditation, write each one down, then reflect and write...reflect and write. Reflect on what these goals/affirmations mean to you in the current moment. Have you reached your goal? Has this goal changed? Are you embodying your intentions? Do you feel affirmed?
4. If you are lying down, meditate on each goal/affirmation asking yourself the questions in #3. Instead of writing, however, allow your mind to float into the silence of the mind to hear Spirit. Pay attention to your feelings around each self-question.
5. Do not expect answers, simply apply the law of infinite potentiality which says that in our essential state of being, we are pure consciousness....all possibilities and infinite creativity.
Enjoy the valley!
Women ARE from Venus, right? lol.
So a Venus vase is simply a pretty vase for your plant or flowers that invokes emotion, beauty, love, creativity, etc, into your personal space. I created a Venus vase for LOVE.
1. Find a pretty glass bowl or vase, the size is totally up to you!
2. Fill the bottom with river rocks, aquarium stones, or sea shells. About 1/3rd of your Vase.
3. Add a second layer of medium sized semi-precious stones. Be sure to research the meaning of the stones because you want to be intentional about the energy of your Venus vase.
4. Next, take a good and faithful Pothos stem/plant or any water-rooting plant and place inside of the vase. Add water, and hold it in place with more stones.
5. Top it off with your favorite large stones, such as Rose Quartz (love), Onyx (protection), Quartz (clarity), Amethyst (Peace), etc., etc.
Alchemy: Plants release energy/oxygen into the atmosphere via the leaves and stems. Place your Venus vase in the window or under good light, bc the (love) green plant cells containing chlorophyll will absorb, store, release, regulate and photosynthesise using the light energy amplified by the energy of the semi-precious stones, and the result will be the transmission of beautiful, meditative, peaceful energy into your space.
From your friendly (former) Scientist. <3 #Venusvase