Featured Mindful Meditation

Creating Our Own Sacred Space

 Create your own sacred space. (it's the gift that keeps on giving) The keys to our inner peace rests within the sacred spaces that we c...

Tuesday

Gele Day 2019 with Master Teacher Shola Caroline Arewa

I had an amazing time with Master Teacher, Energy4Life Coach and Author of Opening to Spirit, Shola Caroline Arewa, who traveled from London for a week to do some workshops for my nonprofit organization the Wrap Your beYOUty Movement.
Do you believe that angels walk among us? Do you believe that when we see them, they see us? 
Hosting Shola for Gele Day 2019 is a true Sankofa moment for me, marking the first time I consciously made contact with an earth Angel who actually gave me her book almost 20 years ago. I was 28 years old, unmarried, a single mother and on the beginning of my initiation to receive my Hand of Ifa. My godmother had sent me on an assignment to complete at Transitions bookstore. I was being trained on how to use my natural Ase', so my assignment this day was to let Spirit lead me to choosing my next book to read for the next leg of my initiation. So there I was, sitting "criss-cross-applesauce" in the middle of one of the isles in the bookstore. The adjoined cafe was full of members/friends from the Ausar/Auset society so it was especially challenging to find my inner quiet to meditate. I remember sitting and thinking, "How the heck am I supposed to know what to do? I cant even hear my own thoughts." I was a little frustrated but determined. In that moment an elder man's voice answered me as though he could read my mind! 
"This is a good thing you are doing, young sister. Let spirit guide. The answers are right in front of you." He said. I opened my eyes and looked up to find an elder quaintly dressed Black man in a shirt and slacks. I felt warm instantly and began to share with him what I was trying to do. He listened patiently and then extended his hand to help me off the floor. He pointed to a book right in front of me and pulled it from the shelf. It read, "Opening to Spirit." He told me that this book was what I needed and to study the wisdom in this book. We walked and talked on our way to the register. He made my visit so easy and I was so incredibly grateful thinking of how proud my godmother would be. When we got to the register he wrote a note in the front of my book and then insisted on paying for it!!! I couldnt believe it. I was full of joy and began to share with the girl at the register what an amazing day I was having. As she bagged up my book I turned to thank "Mr. Donathan" again but like POOF he was gone. Where he went? I will never ever know. What I know in my heart? He was my Angel that day. He gifted me Shola's book which began my journey as the Spiritual Healer I am to this day...to my core. We have come full circle and I have my village of Queens with me to experience this healing. It doesn't get much better than that. #Facts